Feta Rocket and Olive Pasta salad
- flaked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 20-30 good-quality marinated green olives, pitted
- 150g frozen peas
- 8-10 large sprigs of mint, leaves removed, and chopped/torn if large
- 50g bag of rocket leaves
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 350g penne, rigatoni or other similar shaped pasta
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water with 2 sprigs of the mint for the time given on the packet. 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the peas. Once the pasta and peas are cooked, drain in a colander and shake under cold running water until cool. Discard the mint sprigs.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the feta cheese, rocket, remaining mint, the lemon zest and half the juice, salt and pepper and a good glug of olive oil. Either roughly chop or smash the olives in a pestle and mortar and add to the pasta. Toss well and add more lemon juice, seasoning or olive oil, if preferred.
- Pack in suitable containers for taking on a picnic or serve warm as part of a main course or starter with a barbecue.