Fish and potato traybake with pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 120g cod fillets, skinless and boneless
- 640g floury potatoes, preferably Maris Piper, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Pesto
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- Mix the potatoes, peppers, bay, garlic, oil, salt and a good pinch of black pepper in a large roasting tin. Cover tightly with kitchen foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, to make the pesto, blend the garlic and pine nuts in a food processor. Add the basil and pulse until roughly chopped. With the motor still running, add the oil and blend briefly. Stir in the Parmesan, lemon juice and salt.
- Place the cod on top of the vegetables and spread each fillet with a quarter of the pesto. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through. Serve immediately.