Greek Lemon Chicken with Feta Cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- In a large mixing bowl combine chicken breasts, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, and chopped oregano. Season with salt and pepper (I used about 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt and a good amount of fresh ground pepper.)
- Mix well to coat all of the chicken and let sit in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes if you have the time! If not, no problem the chicken will still taste amazing without marinating time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set aside a baking dish large enough to fit four chicken breasts.
- Place marinated chicken in baking dish pouring marinate on top.
- Top chicken with crumbled feta cheese piling it up on top of the chicken breasts.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes to brown up the feta cheese and finish cooking the chicken.