- 8 free-range eggs
- 150ml/5fl oz tomato passata
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 kale leaves, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- knob of butter
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small bird's eye chilli, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make the salsa, put the kale, onion, peppers, chilli, courgette, garlic and passata into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a medium lidded frying pan over a medium heat and add a quarter of the salsa. Stir to warm through, then make a hole in the middle of the salsa. Place the butter in the clear area in the middle of the pan, then break 2 eggs into this space.
- Put the lid on the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. The dish is ready when the eggs are cooked into the salsa and the whites are firm. Slide the eggs and salsa onto a large plate and keep warm as you repeat this process three more times.
- To serve, sprinkle each dish with coriander leaves and serve the warm tortillas and chilli sauce alongside.