Italian Marble Cake
- 2 tbsp bitter cocoa powder
- 3 Eggs
- 225 g Self Raising Flour
- 60 ml Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 125 g Greek Yoghurt
- 200 g Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp warm water
- Whisk eggs and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add the oil, Greek yoghurt and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in the flour well sifted. Mix until the batter is combined.
- Pour 2/3 of the mix into a ring-cake tin.
- Add 2 tbsp of cocoa powder and water to the remaining cake batter and mix until smooth.
- Dollop the cocoa mix on top of the vanilla mix and using a forkswirl the two together.
- Bake in a preheated oven 170C for about 40/45 minutes. Let cool in the tin for about 15 minutes, then gently remove and place on cooling rack.