Scottish Crispy Rolls
- 35g Lard
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 mugs strong white flour
- 7g Yeast
- 1 1/2 mugs luke warm water (495ml)
- In a jug mix sugar, water and yeast. Sit aside fro 5 mins
- Add flour to a bowl to a bowl with salt, mix well. Cream in the lard.
- Add yeast and water mixture to flour, mix well. Tip out onto worktop a knead for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a bowl cover and sit in a warm place for an hour, or until doubled in size.
- PUNCH IT! Tip it out onto work top flatten it to get rid of air bubbles. Roll it and divide into 12 even pieces and roll into balls.
- Sit aside for 5 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper. Flatten each ball of dough and dip in semolina and place on tray.
- Cover with a tea towel set aside for an hour and 20 minutes in a warm place.
- Pre-heat oven to 260C with Fan. Place baking tray on middle shelf and bake for 10 - 12 mins until golden brown. Once baked remove and cool on a waire rack.