Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- 750g sweet potato, grated
- mini naan bread, to serve
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tsp Thai curry paste, red or green
- half sachet creamed coconut (or ¼ can reduced-fat coconut milk)
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan, then soften the onion for 4-5 mins. Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 min more until fragrant. Add the grated sweet potato and stock, then bring quickly to the boil, simmering for 5 mins until the potato is tender.
- Remove the soup from the heat, stir in the coconut and seasoning, then cool briefly before whizzing with a stick blender until smooth. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with warm naan breads.