Coconut chicken goujons
- 3 chicken thighs, bone and skin removed, each cut into 4 strips
- 40ml/1fl½ oz reduced-fat coconut milk
- 40g/1½oz smooth peanut butter
- 20g/¾oz desiccated coconut
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 free-range egg
- 30g/1oz panko breadcrumbs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Beat the egg in a small bowl and season well. Add the chicken strips and mix well to coat. Set aside.
Tip the desiccated coconut and breadcrumbs into a resealable food bag and shake well until combined.
Lift the chicken thighs out of the bowl, leaving behind any excess egg, and add to the breadcrumb bag. Shake the bag around, pressing the crumbs onto the chicken strips, making sure they are totally covered.
Tip out onto a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
Meanwhile, to make the dipping sauce, put all the ingredients, except for the spring onions, into a small saucepan. Heat gently, stirring all the time, until smooth. Pour the sauce into a small bowl and scatter with the spring onions.
Transfer the chicken strips to a serving dish and serve with the dipping sauce.