Seafood Pasta with White Wine and Chilli
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large vine tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 55g mussels in their shells, beards removed (discard any open mussels that don't close when tapped firmly)
- 150g dried black (squid ink) linguine
- 6 tbsp dry white wine
- 55g prawns, shells removed, de-veined, chopped
- ½ red chilli, seeds removed, finely sliced
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the garlic, chilli and tomato for one minute. Add the wine and cook until the sauce has reduced by half.
- Add the mussels and prawns and simmer gently in the sauce for 3-5 minutes until the prawns are pink and the mussel shells open. Discard any mussels with shells that haven't opened. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. When it is cooked, drain.
- Stir the sauce into the cooked pasta, pile on a plate and serve.