Spiced Haddock with Salsa Verde Potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- ½ lemon, zest only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 canned anchovies, drained and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- ½ tsp paprika
- 150g fresh haddock fillet, cut into two pieces
- 1 handful fresh spinach leaves, torn
- 1 handful fresh basil
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- For the haddock, mix together the cayenne pepper, mixed spice, paprika, salt and freshly ground black pepper and rub the mixture into the fish.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the haddock, skin-side down, for 2-3 minutes, or until golden-brown and crisp. Carefully turn the fish over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, or until the fish is golden-brown all over and cooked through.
- For the salsa verde, place all of the salsa verde ingredients together in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- For the spinach and sweet potato tower, cook the sweet potato in a pan of boiling water for 7-8 minutes, or until tender, then drain well and mash. Return the pan to the heat and stir in the spinach, cooking for 1-2 minutes until wilted, then stir in two tablespoons of the salsa verde. Mix the spinach together with the sweet potato and pack into a metal chefs' ring set on a serving plate.
- To serve, remove the chefs' ring and place the haddock on top. Spoon the remaining salsa verde around the edges of the plate