Steak with pink peppercorn sauce
- Knob unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp mushroom ketchup
- 2 steaks, cooked to taste
- 1 tbsp pink peppercorns, lightly crushed
- Sea salt
- 150ml Madeira
- 150ml double cream
- 200ml beef stock
- Lightly toast the peppercorns in a dry frying pan for 1–2 minutes until fragrant. Pour in the madeira and simmer until reduced by half. Add the beef stock and mushroom ketchup, bring to the boil then simmer until reduced by half.
- Stir in the cream then simmer for a few minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter. Season with a pinch of sea salt.
- Cook the steaks to taste, and serve with the sauce.