Yoghurt, blackberry and olive oil loaf cake
- 5 tbsp (60 ml/¼ cup) mild extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbsp (16 g) baking powder
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 5 tbsp (125 g/½ cup) thick Greek yoghurt
- 125 g blackberries
- 2-3 tbsp flaked almonds
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 10 tbsp (150 g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped or 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 17 tbsp (230 g/1½ cups) “00” flour or regular plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 13 cm x 28 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place the sugar and eggs in a bowl and whisk until creamy. Add the yoghurt, oil, flour and baking powder and mix until smooth, then stir in the vanilla and lemon zest. Gently stir in three-quarters of the blackberries, the pour into the prepared tin. Top with the remaining berries and the almond flakes. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until pale golden and a skewer withdraws clean.
- Cool in the tin then turn out onto a rack to cool completely. Serve as it is or dusted with icing sugar or with a dollop of yoghurt or a scoop of gelato.